So many people suggested giving her a build a bear because you can record your voice for the child to hear, but there is not a shop close to where we live. So a friend suggested I go to Hallmark and get a recordable book. I love this idea!!! Both stories were a perfect fit ( fyi...they have one for grandma's for mother's day) and it was really easy, you just record your voice reading the book.
So as Samara opens the book and flips through it she will hear my voice reading one story and Chad's voice reading the other. There's even a page in the front to record a dedication so we were able to say Happy Birthday Samara we love you!! -it will be the first time she hears the name we've choosen for her. I can't wait for her to open these!!
Of course I also had to get her a cute birthday dress. I love the colors and hopefully foster mom will take a picture of her in it for me.
Just for fun here are two short additional videos of the boys.
This video was from today, after daddy fixed the four bald spots.
As you can see yesterday Dane decided to cut his own hair!! I was painting some shelves (and a little preoccupied :) when Dane came in and told me the tag in his shirt was bugging him. I said go grab me the scissors and I'll cut it out for you, about five minutes later he returned with very wet slicked back hair and a huge smile. I looked at him and said what'd you do to your hair? He said I don't like my curls anymore. Then I looked closer and noticed hair all over his white shirt. I started laughing ( as good mothers do- oops) and got out the video camera. I did explain why he shouldn't play with scissors or cut his own hair but I have to say it made my day- thank goodness he's a boy.

I love it! I love it! Daner is soooo funny!! That's what happens when you get that kind of charm, personality and orneriness all rolled into one!! Danger beware of the future with Daner!
ReplyDeleteYou know it really made my day too!
Love, mom
those books are such a great idea! love the dress too!
ReplyDelete