Well... we have no new news on the adoption front. Which really makes writing less fun. But as we wait I constantly remind myself that God is faithful and His timing is perfect.
So in other news, just about two weeks ago we decided to put our house on the market- just to see what would happen. And on day 1 we had our first showing and later that day an offer. To say I was shocked would be an understatement. The woman buying our house wrote us a very nice letter telling us why she liked the house so much and then made it clear who was in control by saying she could feel God's presence in our home and that was one reason she knew the house was right for her. She said it was blessed.
We've spent that last two weeks looking for a new place- one with four bedrooms upstairs for each of the kids. We've liked several of the homes we saw and finally decided on one and today they accepted our offer! We'll only be moving about 5 minutes up the road but I think it will be a great place for us for a long time to come. It needs a little love, a good cleaning and some paint! I'll post a few pictures once we actually close on it- which should be beginning of April.
I'm sad to pack up Samara's room- I had just finished it! And it was so cute.
Does anyone find it weird that every time we have moved it's coincided with having a child? First move, Dillon was maybe 5 weeks old, second move Dane was about 6 months (but it had been for sale for about a year) and now this one while we expect within the next few months to bring Samara home. Crazy hugh?
I actually fully believe that this is God's timing because a move after Samara is here would be another difficult transition for her, another confusing experience that feels like loss- so thank you Lord for your timing, even when I don't understand it.
I suppose I should get back to packing :)
Wedding dress inspiration
12 years ago

That is so amazing! You have to know God is in control! Congratulations and good luck!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on the new house!!!
ReplyDelete