On the 11th Samara turned 15 months old! Today we had her check up. She knew something was up and did not like being in the doctors office. She was really clingy at first and fell off the weighing machine trying to reach me. Poor little girl.
Anyway, we finally got her weight 20.4 lbs. That's 10-25% ( I've never been given a range before it must be how this office does it though). Her height was 31in. (25-50%) and her head was 18 (50%).
After a lot of questions and talking with the doc Samara warmed up and did great. She is exactly where all the other 15 month olds are- except obviously in speech, that will come though.
She is saying a few words, mama is what she says mostly, constantly may be more like it. It's wonderful and slightly annoying all wrapped together. She says uh-oh, ha for hi and da for all the boys.
Before leaving she had to get three shots- I hate that part. But she did really good, I think she's tougher than the boys, she only cried for about 3 seconds while the nurse held her down and as soon as I grabbed her she stopped.
All in all things are going well. She shows all the signs for being attached to us and we are equally attaching to her. She LOVES to make us laugh and when she does she continues to do whatever it was over and over. Tonight in the tub her brothers were laughing hysterically when she would splash them. She kept doing it over and over checking to make sure they were still laughing and then laughing herself. Mama finally had to step in because the floor was soaking wet. I hated to end the beautiful sound that laughter brings, but fortunately we got a lot of it around here.
The two things that are hard for me are night time, we've gone back to her waking up several times at night, and hair pulling.
At night she has been waking up 2-3 times. She does go back to sleep easily but mommy does not.
The hair pulling is unusual for me because it's something the boys never did. It seems to happen when she gets upset. Specifically when she doesn't get her way. I think it's one of her versions of having a tantrum. The other version is as you would expect- fall to the ground, cry, kick the legs, etc!
Yep, we've entered the REALLY FUN age!!!
Fortunately I'm good at ignoring tantrums so they only last for a second. She hasn't tried it in public yet though (thank goodness) because that's a whole other ballgame.
Well I'd better get to bed before it all starts over again, if you have a sec go check out Linny's blog. I am more amazed everyday at how awesome God is.
PS- Dane broke my camera so as soon as I get a new one I'll post some pics. Actually, I just got our CD back from the professional shots so I'll share those in the next day or two.
Wedding dress inspiration
12 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment