I've been playing with my new camera so these first couple pics are at the park where I was just trying out the different settings. Can anyone recommend a few good camera classes I can take? I really want to learn more.
Dane's giving the pout face because other kids were playing baseball and we didn't get to. You can also see the scar on his chin from his fall- did I write about it already? Well, he fell running up the stairs, fortunately, the dr's office was able to glue him shut so we didn't end up getting stitches.
Dillon is with our good friend Peyton. They were troopers as I took tons of pictures- they kept smiling!
Cousins- Samara is sitting with Liam. He is just a few months younger and lives very close; it will be nice for her to have a buddy.
We went to Halloween with the Horses a few weekends ago. The kids rode horses and watch shows, trick or treated in the stables, painted pumpkins and rode on tractors. I finally caught a natural smile, every time I pull out the camera she wrinkles up her nose and shuts her eyes completely. It's really cute but I love seeing how she looks normally.
Chad took this one- seriously, how cute is she?!
It's that time of year again. Dillon designed his own pumpkin and cut most of it out himself.
She makes a cute pumpkin- she's actually going to be a kitty cat for Halloween but the boys dressed up her when they were playing.
Dane's class took a trip to the pumpkin patch. It was really fun.
Can you find Dillon in the corn maze?
She thinks she super grown up because I let her sit on the stool for a few minutes. It always scares me that she'll fall backward but she actually seems to be really aware of that and is cautious. (Which is not like her at all!)
I just bought this adorable hat from Briar.Claire- it is the cutest thing ever!
And then today for the first time we tired her hair up in a tiny pony tail (I'm not sure it actually qualifies as that) and her hair stayed up all day- that is AMAZING!
And then today for the first time we tired her hair up in a tiny pony tail (I'm not sure it actually qualifies as that) and her hair stayed up all day- that is AMAZING!
There's the squishy face she typically gives the camera.
And my last pic- she is doing her sign for "eat" she does it all day long! If it's been 5 minutes since she last ate she's hungry. It's crazy- she eats nonstop, and yet she is still tiny.
So a few more updates for anyone who can hang on, Samara will be 17 months in another week. I can't believe it's going that fast- and that will also mark that she's been home 4 months. Some days it feels like she's been forever and on others I just want to pull my hair out!
She is into EVERYTHING. She always has been but it just seems worse lately. Even when we say no don't touch that, she just looks at us like we're crazy. And I know she understands exactly what we are saying because in other situations she responds totally appropriately. She still hasn't picked up many words which is frustrating for me. I remember being frustrated at this stage with the boys too though. I'm just ready for her to open up her mouth and tell me what she needs and quit with the crying! I know my other mom friends are shouting AMEN!
We have received our adoption finalization date, December 14th, she will officially (according to the paperwork) be ours. I think we are going to have a Korean feast to celebrate!
Let's see... she is sleeping better, at least until about 5am. So I can't complain too much, but if you know our family at all you know we much prefer 8am. But she is sleeping in her crib, loves her room and blanket, which is one of the things they told us she didn't like in Korea.
She is also doing so much better in childcare situations. We have been able to put her in the nursery for church and other little outings. At church my cousin Derek is one of the helpers and as soon as she sees him her arms go straight out. Chad and I were even able to take our first date night a few weeks ago, it was so needed.
All in all things with Samara are really going well. I daily have to remind myself that she's only been here 3 months and she needs extra love, compassion and patience. So daily I have to go to God and ask him to fill me up with each of those things because on my own I run out very quickly.
Next time, I'll fill you in on the boys new adventure. And I promise not to be so long in between posts that way there's not quite so much to read.
























The kids look great. I would love to try another visit if you have time before the busy holiday season is here. I have off every Thursday and Friday.
ReplyDeleteHappy First Halloween, Samara!!!!!
Love all the pic...the hat on Samara is darling
ReplyDeleteBrittany your pictures are getting good! You have really captured their personalities! I love you all so much and miss you terribly.....But pictures like that (when there often enough) help lighten my mood! keep it up! Love you dearly, mom
ReplyDelete