"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. " Psalm 19:14



Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Seoul, Korea

One of our adoption friends from our same agency is on a plane this morning heading to Seoul Korea. I'm so excited for them! They have waited forever- as I mentioned yesterday some family's have waited 8 months from their referral, and they happen to be one of them. I know she'd love your prayers for a safe journey and a wonderful experience meeting their daughter.
One of the advantages to having a local adoption agency is that we get to meet other families, communicate with them, and share in their journey. The family leaving took a care package to our little girl for us. I hope she gets it soon so the clothes will still fit!
The agency suggested packing the items into a gallon sized zip lock bag so that it's easier to go through customs -well I've been saving clothes for two years so a gallon bag just wasn't going to cut it! I was thinking more like a moving box.
I did however manage to cram everything into 4 gallon bags- that's close right?!

I sent two bags previously and these two that should arrive shortly. Along with the clothing, I sent the foster family a letter from us giving a brief description of our family and just telling them how thankful we are for them. My neighbor is from Korea so she offered to translate the letter for us YEAH!
We also sent a camera for the foster family so that they can take pictures of our little girl and then give us the memory stick when we travel there. I sent a photo album full of pictures of Chad, myself and the boys so she can start to learn who we are and what we look like, and lastly a few small animals that we kept in bed with us for a few nights so she might be able to smell us and hopefully recognize us later.

I can't wait to hear she got the care package!

No comments:

Post a Comment