"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. " Psalm 19:14



Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A bit of everything

Last week we were in our normal routine, when at lunch time this is what happened.


She had pretty much finished eating while I was collecting the lunch dishes to put into the sink.  I plopped them in, gave them a quick rinse and when I turned around she had fallen asleep.  It was seriously only 45 seconds to a minute.  And she was snoring!  I had never heard that before and it was adorable.  Needless to say, off to bed she went covered in food and all- because you never wake a sleeping baby, right!?

And then yesterday, we got our first snowfall of the year.  It was beautiful (because it was the 1st one) ask me in April and it will be another story!


From the moment they saw the snow they started bouncing off the walls and running outside without anything warm on.  Crazy kids!  I had to make major threats just to get them in shoes, hats and gloves.
Tonight, this is where I found Dane sound asleep.  We had finished out bedtime routine and I had gone back down stairs to tidy up, he tried to come down but I told him no, and to go back and get in bed.  When I came upstairs (in the dark) about 10 minutes later I didn't see Dane in his bed, so I went and checked my bed- then a panic hit so I turned on the light and there he was at the top of the stairs.
It reminds me of something my brother used to do when he was little.  He hated being alone and would sleep as close to the action as possible without getting caught. 

2 comments:

  1. Ok...so maybe your "normal routine" is a little crazy for a little sweet baby girl...she's trying so hard to keep up with her big brothers! to cute !!
    Ohhh..Your right... when I saw that picture of Dane...memories flooded back to Neil as a little guy!
    CUTE!!
    see you in 1 week! We can't wait to see you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't she precious??? I'm off every Thurs and Friday. Let me know if you guys have time to get together.

    ReplyDelete