"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. " Psalm 19:14



Monday, January 3, 2011

Watch Me Grow Week #1



I am borrowing this idea from a friend who did this with her daughter last year.  Each week she posted a picture of her little girl so that everyone could watch her grow up.  At the end of the year she had a beautiful group of pictures that really showed how much she had changed.  I loved the idea so much I decided that I would do it this year.  Let's just hope I can be as diligent and get all 52 pictures!
Samara is making her classic "squishy" face for the camera.  It's very hard to catch her with her eyes open lately so I had to put the second picture.




Samara really is growing up everyday.  Her words have taken off and she tries to say everything we do.  And today she actually went poop in the potty!  We weren't even trying but when I went to change her diaper I could tell she needed to go so I ran her over to the bathroom and set her on the toilet and to my amazement she actually went!  I clapped and made a big deal about it and I think she felt very proud of herself.  I'm sure it's just a fluke- but exciting none the less.

I'm sorry for my long break in blogging but I'm back at it and I will post over the course of the week our Christmas pictures and our adoption finalization!

3 comments:

  1. yea your back ! MAYBE YOU SHOULD GO BACK ON YOUR PICTURES AND SEE IF YOU COULD GET SOME PICTURES OF SAMARA SINCE AT LEAST JUNE WHEN YOU WENT TO GET HER,EVEN IF THEY AREN'T IN THE SAME CHAIR! THERE HAS BEEN SO MUCH CHANGE ALREADY! LOVE THE IDEA.... MISS YOU AND MY CHARMING GRANDCHILDREN!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually have been following that blog, and I love the idea! I am glad you posted a new picture of her and her squishy face, it is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Britt-

    She is so darn stinkin' cute. I love her hair. I can't wait to do that sort of thing to Ali's hair, but not soon enough. I hope you all are doing well, I love reading your blog and hearing what is going on. Maddix loves to look at the pictures and tell me all about you all as if he has been there without us.

    Talk to you soon!

    Taylor

    ReplyDelete