"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. " Psalm 19:14



Friday, May 28, 2010

Korean Embassy

This week has been filled with ups and downs for me. I'm excited to be in the later stages of the adoption process but when you hear "paperwork problem" it just sends your mind spinning.

On Wednesday we began calling the Embassy in Korea at 5pm here (8am there) call #1 wasn't very successful because Chad couldn't seem to get an English speaking person on the phone. So we kept trying and trying... finally (call #5) I tried and got to the receptionist who put us through to emigration it went straight to a voice mail box and said sorry this mailbox is full, goodbye.
More frustration...

More unsuccessful attempts at speaking to the correct person who could help and finally about 3 am here (call #12 or so) we tried one more time and Chad got to the emigration office again and was actually put on hold. He held and held and finally the voice recording said you've reached your max amount of hold time, goodbye

Tears and more frustration...
And probably a massive phone bill

Afer looking at the embassy's website I decided to send and email and copies of all the paperwork I had directly to the embassy and pray it would find the right department and person.
Apparently it did because today I received notice from the embassy that they received my email and have taken care of everything! Thank you Lord! So as far as I know we are on track to travel to Korea in 4 - 6 weeks.

Now I just need to go shopping for gifts for the foster family. Which would be fun if I had any idea of what to get them.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to read that everything has worked out for you all. Congratulations! You're on your way to go get that adorable little girl. Can't wait to hear/read all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise, Praise, Praise!!!
    Lets get the little darling home!
    Now I'm praying for you all as you enter this
    next journey together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found some really nice "Colorado" items in Manitou Springs. I'm glad it all worked out. Looking forward to a smooth remainder of your wait.

    ReplyDelete