"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. " Psalm 19:14



Thursday, June 3, 2010

EP approval

I just got an email from our agency saying that Samara was approved for her Exit Permit!! It said we are now 3-4 weeks from travel. I'm so excited but also stressed about how much there is to do in a short time frame. ( yeah, you'd think with an almost 2 year wait that everything would be done- well that's just not the case).

I did go shopping today for gifts for the foster family and all the other important people we will come in contact with while in Korea, it's so difficult to shop for someone you appreciate so much and deeply desire to show them that yet have no idea what they like. I learned during my research that wrapping the gift is as important as what the gift is and that pink, yellow and red are the appropriate colors for wrapping. I also learned that when you give gifts never give black and don't give anything in the quantity of 4. 7 is the lucky number. They also appreciate things made in our own country and more specifically in Colorado.
I found a store in Park Meadows filled with items from Colorado! I think I have my purchases narrowed down so I'll let you know what I pick.

4 comments:

  1. I cannot believe it! It is so close. I am so happy for your family to finally be complete and your journey to come to an end. Just a thought, don't wrap the gift and go through the airport, once I did that and they made me unwrap them. Maybe get some really cute wrapping paper from that Papyrus place in the mall and some cute ribbon with the colors you are thinking and pack it in your bag! You know, you're going to get your travel call when you're here visiting don't you. That will be so awesome. Praise the Lord, for he is good ALL the time!!

    Love you,

    Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! That happened fast - how cool is that? You could be traveling this month! I can't wait to follow your blog and read about you meeting Samara for the first time. So exciting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! That is AWESOME news!! So glad it was so quick and before you know it you will be on a plane to Seoul! So happy for you. It's been a long wait. YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great news. Looking forward to your travel call!!!!!

    ReplyDelete