First and of upmost importance Samara has had her Visa Interview!!!!! :)
I called the State Department this morning and they could see her picture and said it usually only takes a few day to process the visa. I hadn’t called since last week so they couldn’t tell me exactly when she had the interview but nonetheless it’s done!! I’m hoping it means we have our travel call no later than Tuesday or Wednesday next week.
NEXT WEEK!!!! I can’t believe it’s finally that close. I’m just jumping for joy.
Speaking of next week its going to be insane- I’m making a wedding cake for a family friend, two cakes actually the R2D2 Grooms cake and the actually wedding cake. I’ll post pics and let you know how it turns out. This is only my second wedding so I’m nervous and timing wise it’s just a bit crazy. The wedding is on Friday night so I’m hoping to be on a plane Saturday- latest Monday the 28th. We can’t book anything until we officially get the Travel Call but I don’t see any reason why we shouldn’t leave by then.
Ok, with that awesomness out of the way, today is also special because it’s our 10 year wedding anniversary. We really lucked out because Chad earned a company expense paid trip this weekend and I get to join him. We get to stay in a super fancy hotel in Scottsdale and enjoy golf, the spa, and the pools! It’s our last few moments to relax before our lives change forever :)
This past week the Rockies were playing the Astro’s and we were able to go to the game. Our neighbor (remember we just moved in about 8 weeks ago) brought over tickets and asked us if we’d like to go, it was so nice of them. So we jumped in the car and went. We had no idea they had such good seats- we were 3 rows up behind the dug out. The boys had a great time. When the pitchers warm up the kids go stand at the top of the dug out and when they finish warming up they throw the ball up to the kids. So my boys went out to catch the ball during the 5th inning but the ball was thrown elsewhere, then during the 6th inning and still no luck, but finally after the 7th inning they threw the ball to Dillon! He grabbed it and threw it right back down on the field. The crowd around us all started laughing and poor Dillon looked horrified. But luckily, they threw it back up again and this time gave it to Dane and the security guy told him to hold it tight. He did and they made it back to us with the ball.



Lastly, for this post anyway, Friday was Samara’s first birthday and it was a whirlwind. Which was actually a good thing otherwise I probably would have been sad. I started the day at work and it was my last day for the time being!! Then Chad picked me up and we drove to Berthoud for our agency’s pre travel meeting. They went over some stuff we already did in training about grief, loss and attachment/bonding, then went over specific traveling questions. They also brought in a family who had only been home about two months and we got to ask them anything we wanted and watch their adorable little boy toddle all over. He seemed to be adjusting beautifully. After that I headed straight to the Magnus Arena at DU for an event called Deeper Still. It was awesome. Kay Arthur, Beth Moore and Priscilla Shrier were the speakers and they rocked. It was a great day and kept my mind from being downcast. So we’ll celebrate her birthday when she is home in our arms by doing something as a family.
Later I’ll post about the traditional Korean Celebration which they do for a child’s first birthday.

Happy Anniversary! 10 years wow! Where did the time go? Awesome about Samara...praying all goes well.
ReplyDelete